The Hobbit


I am so glad we touched upon the Hobbit in class. I am a HUGE LoTR and Game of Thrones fan. I enjoy the sense of adventure the characters go through and the growth they develop through these trials. As in my previous blogs, I'm interested in learning about who the character is as a whole. How they think, act, feel, etc. And that's exactly what we get with Bilbo Baggins in the beginning. How he's an introverted hobbit who enjoys the company of only himself. He doesnt want anything to do with outside matters but of whats inside his own home. I love how descriptive the novel is, It paints a clear and vibrant picture in my head of whats going on and who anybody is and what they look like. The characters were introduced very early in the Novel, in a very smooth transitional way. This novel flowed very well with me. The characters are all very different and unique in personality. Gandalf is very much a father figure; wise with a lot hope and confidence in his companions. A character who is righteous and has good morals. Not foolish.  And the Dwarves, all unique in their own group as well but share courageous, stubbornly, and honorable traits as a whole. The writer did a very good job in making the reader feel like being part of the whole scene and group. But it wasnt all just about the characters but the background lore, their tragic story and their adventure to bring back order to their kingdom. As the story progresses, we're encountered with new and interesting characters and events, whether good or bad. The story stays interesting throughout. I could say this was by far my most favorite read this semester. It shows the reader that you as a person may not believe in yourself but have what it takes to accomplish and tackle many GREAT things in life. In this story he had Gandalf help bring that out of him but some people in life don't have anyone but themselves. But it still shows, you're the only obstacle in your own way. Stop being afraid and take risks.

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well hello my fellow fantasy fan! I too love Tolkien’s work and Game of Thrones. I really appreciate the comparison you draw to real life in that “you're the only obstacle in your own way.” I think that is such an important lesson to learn so I’m glad you mentioned it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts