Aye, and Gomorrah


Ok, so I was very confused with this story. It gave off a very sexual vibe, almost like prostitution. I understand Frelks are into Spacers due to them being unattainable because they lack sexual urges but it just seemed like an emotional tug of war with eachother in a way. Its like she wanted something but then nothing happens and it just leaves this tension between them. I started to look into it more online and I remember hearing about this discussion in class that this story is a representation of LGBT's in current time and having their struggles in society with their sexuality. It makes sense to me in how in the story they feel lonely and restricted and they deal with being oppressed and looked down upon by others. With a view like that, it makes a lot more sense and i can understand the characters more. I unfortunately did not see that through my first read, so I encountered a lot of confusion and disconnect. The story to me just seemed bizarre. Because I couldnt understand what was really going on, I couldnt really connect or enjoy the story. Thats just what I feel. I wasnt too fond of it because of that. It just made me feel bad for the two because they had strong desires but a huge barrier between the two. You want something to happen but it just ends up in disappointment or anger. Sadly, it happens to the best of us. But because I know more of the deeper meaning, I can see it being a good story and representation.

Comments

Popular Posts