First contact 1946


So I had the pleasure of reading First Contact. I really enjoyed this story! It was very sci-fi and realistic. I will admit, it was a little hard to read with the bits of scientific terms but nonetheless a good read. I really enjoyed the whole scenario of coming into contact with another terrestrial race. The story really had me on edge and anxious with the high tension of both parties ready to blow eachother up. In our world, Im sure we wouldnt be as lucky to come in contact with an alien race that thinks alike. It almost seemed as if their race and the human race started and evolved together at the same time in different places of the universe. To think alike and act alike, breathe the same air, and almost look alike, I just feel like its almost unrealistic? Its almost like a parallel universe. Also, they passed around dirty jokes. To me, I wouldn't see that happening with an actual alien race during first contact. I would believe it would be a lot harder of a situation, a lot of misreading, tougher time deciphering, etc. It only took them 3 days to fully converse, its weird. Movies such as District 9, it took them 20 years to understand their language. Movies like The Arrival, they showed how first contact can be an incredibly difficult, maybe even nearly impossible, task of deciphering their speech/language. That was the only thing I was iffy with. I really liked the plan they had with swapping ships as a last resort option aside from killing eachother. Both parties got what they wanted, I was honestly expecting a shoot-out but it worked out. I really enjoyed this story, it was really nice. I felt as if I was in it.


Comments

Popular Posts