A Wild Sheep Chase



Upon reading the novel A Wild Sheep Chase, I felt as if it was dragging on for quite a while. He spoke a lot about his past and current relationship and it wasn't until later where it go more interesting. The reading itself made me feel as if it were portraying more of mysterious mood than a horror one. It was a little hard for me to get into since I felt as if the beginning could've brought the reader in more. It just jumped in without any background and I felt as if I was stumbling to understand what was going on, who was who, what was what. Maybe thats just the way the writer creates his novels, but it wasn't my cup of tea in that sense.

For a more Mysterious and Thriller type of book, I feel as if it works. Especially with his mysterious friend, Rat, which keeps sending letters and packages from abandoned places. It kept me intrigued and more curious about that character. The long build up just killed me as a reader. It felt more of a day to day narration of someones life. In certain situations I was fond of the descriptive details of his environment and surroundings, it brought me into immersion which I quite enjoyed. I didnt get to finish the Novel but that's my opinion and what I felt as a reader thus far.

Comments

Popular Posts