Three Moments of an Explosion



So for the New Weird, I decided to read Three Moments of an Explosion. Part 2 really caught my attention. I was brought in to the idea of witnessing UFO's, which I am found of when it comes to supernatural things. Based off the narration, it made me feel like it was another E.T. movie or Stranger Things in the way that it was in a kids point-of-view with their friends getting into trouble to discover secrets no one else would go beyond their limits for. As well, it had a mix of storytelling in a structural narrative way and a way in which a young person would tell a story, "An iceberg, which looked awesome of course!". It was a nice build up in my opinion, I got awed when they found Mass 4 since i could picture the massive size of it. What really confused me with this story and I find it very strange is whats in the cloud is a UFO dropping icebergs or there are floating icebergs flying around the city falling on people?? This doesnt make any sense. I tried to imagine maybe the clouds were so dense and cold that it formed giant icebergs? but even then...

In the meantime, I just continued and just kept in mind there were just icebergs in the sky. I feel like that could've been explained better. I wasnt too into the fact that the dates kept changing and their locations kept changing, it kept throwing me off and it was hard to follow. But nonetheless, I enjoy the whole aspect of the world coming to an end and everyone in a panic. It reminded me of when I read the 5th wave or watched The Mist, its very similar in that sense.

Comments

Popular Posts