The Aquatic Uncle


This was quite an interesting read. I like it how its different from other stories in the aspect of characters. Usually its human but this time its from the perspective of animals, fish in this case. I particularly really enjoyed this reading, I'm intrigued with how the author evolved this species of fish to start roaming the earth. I could vividly see the world, the characters, the actions. I thought it was funny how they all acted as a community all with one goal in mind; to evolve and adapt. Yet, even in todays world, we always have atleast one relative who doesnt seem to change or adapt with the times and thats where Uncle N'ga comes into play. 

Now the story, in my opinion, was nice! But the ending really annoyed me. Because sadly, it happens in life. But it wasn't that the main characters fiance leaving him that bugged me the most but the uncle himself. It was so disrespectful, he took his nephews fiance. Its like he didn't really care to do that to one of his own family members. Yet again, they're fish. This is a mix of human and animal qualities. It was sad to notice his fiance slowly losing interest in the main character. At first, he couldn't really read her thoughts but it came to a surprise that what he thought she was thinking was completely nowhere near. We evaluate others and assume what could be but nobody is completely sure of the others emotions and thoughts. It completely took a turn in the story and even though it irritated me a bit, I enjoyed it because this story was able to pull my emotions and immerse me. I liked that a lot. Little life experiences in building the little guy's character for the future.  

Comments

Popular Posts