The Night Circus


I enjoyed reading this novel, It had a very mysterious and dark mood to the story. In the beginning, it made me feel that Hector was a very mischievous and untrustworthy character. There's a lot of backstory and mystery to these characters which I really enjoy. They seem very unnatural, they are separated from the common folks. They have supernatural abilities and seem to wager bets and challenges with other supernatural children in some sort of tournament. What makes me feel uneasy with Hector is that he has untrustworthy intent, he sounds like a snake, hes willing to bet his daughter for a game and it seems he has something up his sleeve, unknown yet to the reader.

Hes a sharp character yet harsh with his teachings, effective nonetheless. I enjoyed seeing the difference in how Hector and Alexander teaches. It was quite the contrast, the contestants are very bright children and the way they study eachother is in a way a game of its own. I didnt get to finish reading the novel but it was very intriguing and immersive, I really loved the way we got to see their minds operate. I felt on-guard throughout and reading from both perspectives, it felt as if I was playing a card game. In other words, cautiously reading the other player. I felt the way Hector taught was smart in his own way because it would make someone forcefully push themselves harder out of their comfort zone to better themselves. Just like the way he twisted the doves neck, when he could've saved it. Its a harsh lesson but it will be engraved into someone. But such lessons could also cause some repercussions such as personal issues like self-doubt, insecurities, etc. It could either break someone or make someone. Overall though, I really enjoyed this novel. I would like to continue it later on.

Comments

Popular Posts